(All events are by invitation-only—except TweetChats and Webinars.)
Why is it so hard for us to start big or small changes in our teams, organizations or community?
Our thoughts get in our way and we rely on the same steps that work for other situations. But, a true change—a wave—is different, says Patti Johnson, CEO of PeopleResults and former Accenture Senior Executive. A wave requires stepping out and building commitment that grows organically.
At our June 4 DFW HR Roundtable: Make Waves: Be the One to Start Change at Work and in Life, Patti Johnson will share how anyone can start or contribute to a wave by diving into topics such as:
- Relying on “What can I do?” in any situation
- Why having all of the answers can work against you
- Why you need Idea Partners
- How to get started—without a perfect plan
- The impact of true experimentation
- How to build a community around your wave
- Trends in the workplace and our culture that are transforming how change happens
- Why organizations committed to growth, innovation and personal accountability need more Wave Makers and how to develop them
Patti Johnson has researched and interviewed an eclectic mix of Wave Makers, from leaders in business and the community to entrepreneurs and new professionals, to explore the decisions and actions of individuals who started a change.
What’s your wave?
– See more at: http://pattibjohnson.com/make-waves
#ExecCareer Chat is a weekly Q&A on Twitter for senior-level executives answering your questions about various topics in the executive search and executive career management areas. It takes place every Tuesday from 11-11:30 a.m. CT. Our expert panelists will answer both pre-submitted and live questions during the chat using #ExecCareer on Twitter. The goal of #ExecCareer Chat is to help executives better manage their job search and career.
Join us on September 9, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. CDT when Pearson Partners Vice President Stephen Konstans (@CFOexpert) will answer your questions about Executive Search and the CFO Position. Stephen will be joined by Rick Cannellos (@RCannellos), Senior Client Partner at Epsen Fuller Group, and Catherine Bell (@CatherineBluera), Founder of BluEra.
Join the conversation on Twitter by including #ExecCareer in each tweet.
To more easily follow the conversation, join via TweetChat:
1. Go to www.tweetchat.com
2. Sign in (top right) with your Twitter account.
3. This web app will automatically include #ExecCareer in each tweet and allow you to follow the conversation more easily.